So I am about 4 days shy of my 6 month bandiversary. Although I was officially banded on July 31st of last year due to all the complications I didn't really get "started" on my journey until around October ( my 1st post had all the ins and outs and various complications surgeries I went through ). I just wanted to put down some random thoughts and perspectives of the last 6 months. Sorry if they are all jumbled but here I go.
1. I weighed in yesterday at 174.6 lbs. 6 ounces shy of the 50 pounds mark 4 days shy of 6 months
2. I am really happy with my progress although the last month or so has been slow moving
3. I have to stop comparing myself with everyone else's weight loss and look at myself and be proud of the 50 lbs I have lost
4. If still feel so far away from being normal size and sometimes I cant believe I will get there
5. Sometimes I feel so close to goal only 34.6 lbs away and I know I will get there eventually ( this is the constant contradictory thoughts i have in my head )
6. While I can see big differences in my body, my THIGHS and ARMS suck!!! They are still huge
7. When I last weighed this much I did not think my arms and thighs were as big as they are now
8. I am so happy to have lucy
9. One thing I did not realize with the band would be that I can still eat as much junk as I want. This sucks!!! Food I can go all day without if I wanted to ( and I don't ) but put some chips or chocolate in front of me and watch out
10. If I went to bed at 8pm every night my snacking problems would disappear ( not realistic )
11. I went into this thinking that maybe I would not need lucy in me forever. I know now that is not the case
12. I have not problem accepting the fact that I will eat this way for the rest of my life.
13. Breakfast is not an option any more
14. Lattes are my downfall also and even though I use non fat milk I "waste" between 150 and 300 calories a day on this
15. I love my husband so much and how supportive he is and has been. He told me the other night how scared he was when I was going through all the complications in the beginning and he thought he was going to loose me over " a few extra pounds"
16. I would not be as far along as I am today if I did not read all of your blogs everyday and get the support from everyone on here
17. I need to drink more water
18. I am not addicted to carbs anymore :-)
19. I still feel embarrassed sometimes that I had to take this drastic step
20. I would not change the decision for the world
Well that's just some of my weird and random thoughts. Hope everyone has a great day