Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scale - Friend or Foe?

So I hate the scale, I always have. With all the millions of diets I have been on in my life I never liked the damn thing even when I was loosing weight. I mean there would be times were I knew I was bad and expected a gain or no loss and you accept that but when you know you have been doing all the right things and you would be excited to get on the scale to see the results and nothing would happen I would be devastated. What is the first thing I would do? Eat chocolate!!! I used to be like, whatever I tried it didn't work so why am I even trying any more and I would just eat what I wanted. If I don't see results I give up. This is the biggest change that I am trying to make within myself. I feel like I am trying to do all the right things and know that if I stick to it, it will work. I mean I hate the gym, and when I say hate I mean would rather be doing anything else in the world than be there at that moment in time. But I signed up for the gym about a month ago and have been going every day during lunch. What gets me through it is I bring a book and I walk on the treadmill and read for 40 minutes. This is one of the only times I am by myself as I work full time and have a 2 year old so at lunch at the gym is also supposed to be a relaxing time for me. At first I was thinking that walking for 40 minutes on the treadmill ( I also do some of the weight machines for 10 minutes afterwards for my arms ugh don't get me started on my arms ) was an easy way out but I burn about 185 calories in that 40 minutes and it gets my butt moving so at least it is something.I actually attempted to run for about 2 minutes yesterday but thought I was going to collapse so went back to walking. Anyway the whole point of it is that I weigh myself on Thursday mornings only. I dread it. If I see a loss I am the happiest person on the earth If I don't then I feel like a failure. I have 2 days before my weigh in and I think I should be ok but I am so nervous. I have to stop. This is a way of life and as long as I keep doing what I am doing and get some restriction it will work.
3 days until my fill yeah !!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, Carla (Sounds just like Cara.. me! lol)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I have just finished reading what you wrote and first up wanted to congratulate you on getting the band. We have a fairly tight little group here and I think if you keep up your blogging (I hope you do, its really, really therapeutic) and comment on others (keep your face in there lol) you will really enjoy being a part of it too. The girls here give you support when you most need it. Whether you are struggling, or have something fantastic to share.. theres always someone to listen.
    Well done on the weight loss so far. You are doing so great! You really are. Look forward to more posts!
    Cara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla - I hate the scale to! I just wrote an entire post on how it was a bastard! Nevertheless, I weigh myself multiple times a day. Glutton for punishment am I! The nice thing about the band, is more often then not you will lose weight monthly instead of putting it on.

    ReplyDelete