Thursday, March 25, 2010

MIA and OMG

Hi guys,

I feel like I have not posted in forever. I apologize for not commenting a lot either. I have been reading everyone's blogs but the past few weeks have been crazy.

Just a quick round up. Band news, I am ok I think. I am doing the slow but surely race. I was 164.8 lbs this morning. I have an appt on Tuesday and as always am debating on whether yo get a little little fill or not. Same story, different day. Do great during the days...fighting the snack demons at night. It is a work in progress and I am only 8 ounces away from being overweight :-)
I have been doing ok not getting stuck and trying to keep up with my exercise. I will get there right :-)

Work has been super busy which I guess I should be happy about as it keeps the $ coming in.

So strange and weird and unusual things always happen to me.

For example picture this...last night get home from a long day at work and my 3 year old says "Mummy do you want a gummy worm" My response" No thanks Liam but thanks for sharing" "Mummy please have one" "Ok sure"...I take the gummy worm and try to take a bite....what happens??? MY FRONT TOOTH FELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok people now I know being a mother you are supposed to try and act grown up and not freak out but who in the hell has a front tooth fall out of their mouth past the age of 8??? I was hysterical. My husband looked at me and said did you chip it? I said no look( through hysterical tears ) its missing. Yes it was gone... Now I have never pondered this question before last night, but what do you do when your front tooth falls out?? I calmed down called my mummy and freaked out again. I forgot to mention that we just changed insurance plans at work and I have no dentist. So I call my friends from work and try to get some recommendations of dentists. Long story short I finally get into a dentist at 11am this morning and he was able to put a temporary crown on it for now so I am not the toothless bandit anymore. Why did this happen to me you say? Well back to the strange and weird things that happen to me I am just going to list out for your viewing pleasure some of what I have experienced in the last 10 years

1. I went to the ER once because I though my head was going to explode..worst headache in the world. Anyway at the ER they had to check for meningitis or something so they did a spinal tap( where they take fluid from your spine ). OK fine diagnosis is migraines. Well I leave the ER and proceed to get worse over the next 2 days. It got so bad that my hubby had to call an ambulance to take me back to the ER 2 days later because I could not lift my head. Every time I moved I felt like my brain was going to fall out. Come to find out that she punctured something when she did the spinal tap which caused the fluid around my brain to leak out so that my brain was banging against my skull. To fix this they do a "blood patch" where they remove blood and clog the leak or something. Anyway weird strange things


2. Around Xmas 2008 I started getting numbness in my right leg. After 24 hours it got so bad I could not even walk. It was worse than labor ( for those who have kids ) ended up in the hospital for 4 days . No diagnosis but Dr thinks that nerves were all crunched up and fighting each other?. Again weird things

3. I used to get strep throat all the time. One a plane back to NY form Florida I felt a lump in my throat and was having trouble breathing. Went straight to ER after I got off the plane. Was then admitted to hospital for 4 days because of some weird infection in my tonsils that kept filling up with poison and puss. Again Dr's were like WTF


4. The issue that I think was the cause of the toothless incident last night. I had another strange lump in the roof of my mouth a couple of years ago. Went to the dentist and he could feel it but had no idea what the heck it was. After much investigating come to find out that I had an infected tooth. Usually with an infected tooth you are in pain, your gum gets swollen, very noticeable. No not with me. My infection went into the roof of my mouth and was up through my nasal passage so had to get oral surgery to fix this. Dentist told me that I should have been in a text book for that as he had never seen that happen.

5. Was my LB surgery .You can read the full story on my first blog but basically Dr Fielding who is a pioneer in LB and has done thousand of these surgeries has never experienced what happened to me and to this day still has no clue why it happened.

SO anyway now you know a little bit more about my weird medical issues. Probably more than you wanted to know but anyway thanks for listening and keep up the good work

5 comments:

  1. wow...just wow. I thought I had bad luck. Well, at least you're not a toothless bandit right now and I do hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very weird! Glad you were able to get your tooth fixed right away. I badly chipped my front tooth as a teen and I felt really strange without a front tooth - like a Beverly Hillbilly or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Carla!!! Had no idea all of this stuff had happened to you. Glad you were able to get the tooth fixed, I would've freaked too, you're not alone there!! Glad you posted, I've been missing you. Hope we can do another brunch soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Carla, that is crazytown stuff. I can't believe you tooth fell out! I would have freaked too. I hope the fix isn't too bad and the rest of your teeth stay put. Glad the band stuff is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I thought I had wierd stuff happen to me but man you top the cake. Poor you...I would freak out about my tooth too. I have great teeth and no fillings. Are you covered by insurance ??? Hope so

    ReplyDelete